LOOKING FOR A VERSATILE & EMERGING FEMALE SOLO DANCER FOR A PROJECT IN BRUSSELS (APRIL 2017)
Alesandra Seutin | Vocab Dance has been commissioned by Zinnema to rework an existing solo for an emerging artist in Belgium, during the project ‘I Have A Dream Exchanged’ on Saturday 29 April 2017 at Zinnema in Brussels.
For this we are looking for a passionate and strong female dancer with a background in all or either Hiphop/Krump/Experimental Contemporary to re-create a dance theatre/installation work called GIANT. This work explores the memories of life before genocides, the views of perpetrators and their transformation but also looking at the leading forces that had a strong implication in these events and what if they had not been there!
Alesandra is looking for dancers:
* With strong presence, technique skills and flexibility to learn new vocabulary.
* With an interest in dance theatre/storytelling and physical theatre
* Passionate, with a unique, strong personality and not afraid of being 100% open minded. Not scared of interaction with audience.
* With a strong desire for growth and professional development
This project will offer you:
* The opportunity to work with international dance artist Alesandra Seutin | Vocab Dance who is celebrated in London and abroad for making visually strong work that is thought provoking.
* The opportunity to expand on your versatility as a dancer.
* the chance to work with live music and visual art.
* Professional development for dancers who want to expand their performance and creative skills.
* The opportunity to work with movement, voice and text.
* Professional development for emerging choreographers/makers
* Networking opportunities (via Vocab Dance/Zinnema/International connections)
This project is unpaid but travel fee and lunch/dinner will be provided during the rehearsal and performance period. Alesandra Seutin | Vocab Dance want to nurture talent and the aim for this production is to be further developed and funded so this work can become a lucrative project. This project is fully supported by Zinnema a Belgium art organisation.
Useful Dates to know:
Tuesday 14th of March, auditions will be held at Zinnema in Brussels at 6pm.
Rehearsals (Times can be flexible but rehearsals will happen everyday for a minimum of 4 hours) from 22 April until 28 April. Some pre-rehearsal dates are set for a play session this is on Saturday 8 & 9 April (To be discussed)
Performance is on Saturday 29 April
How to apply?
Please send us your written and visual application via the bottom on this page:
More info or any questions: email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or call 02 555 06 00 and ask for Jan or Martine.